Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holiday-inspired smoothies!

I've been in the mood for delicious drinks lately, although I am never a fan of packing on calories. So I have been making these concoctions, which are more like virgin margaritas than smoothies, really. One recipe was inspired by the cranberries which I boiled to make my famous home-made cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. I had a lot of frozen cranberries left over, and didn't want them to go to waste. So I decided to throw them in a blender with a little crushed ice, a couple of lime wedges, and a splash of 2% milk. The result was this awesomely delish cranberry lime smoothie that my fiance and I enjoyed together.

Photobucket

And my other smoothie was made out of sliced kiwi fruit left over from a Thanksgiving dinner we went to at a friend's house. I love kiwi, and would have hated for it to get thrown away. So once again, I threw the fruit in the blender and decided to add some frozen blackberries and a little 2% milk, and voila, a gorgeous smoothie that everyone loved.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments, please let me know if you have a blog as well, I'd love to follow it!