Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Old blog I found today: a typical day at work in 2007 ^^

Today, our district manager and his entourage of Mr. Ripp's ass lickers came to our store. I knew most of them. Good for nothing, useless chumps, whom I know from back when I worked at the Short Pump location. Stealing peanuts from the salad bar, aimlessly walking around, scratching their crotch areas & thinking of more ways to get their noses deeper up Mr. Ripp's ass, that is all they ever did. A little has changed. I doubt they recognized me. Last time I saw them, I was a 17 year old going through my blond stage. Plus they see so many different faces daily, it's very doubtful they recognize anyone they've seen longer than an hour ago. So the goon squad walked around, acting as if they're looking at things. I stayed in my drive through, successfully bagging food for BOTH drive throughs. At some point, I got a phone call. I went ahead and picked up. So I was talking to Kellie, bagging (correctly) the orders for 2 drive-thrus appearing on the screen at a rate of about 6 orders per minute, talking on the phone, drinking illegally in front line, making eyes at Daddy (Todd), and telling Roy what to do (since he chose to hold up the office wall for his morning position), eating my cucumber, and watching the goons all at the same time. Now that's multitasking! I literally ran back and forth, up and down the front line, making shakes only 1.5 seconds after they were ordered, flipping water bottles in the air, so that while they're in the air, I could grab something else, kicking the freezer doors shut, throwing sauce packets into people's bags like they were ninja stars, making millions of Pepsis and sweet teas, passing back the fish filets before they even appeared on the screen. Not a singe order was messed up this morning. Not a singe special request unfulfilled. And I stocked everything between the orders, but since they were back to back, I really don't know when I did all that. And then I left at 4 and it was sweet. Greg, my store manager was proud of me. ^_^ Yay, lol! And then I came home, typed up my paper that was due at 6:30 pm in like a few minutes, made it to class on time, talked to like 5 people in between leaving the house and coming to class, and now I'm home. "Phew" comes to mind.
And my friends... Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a shitty game of Sims and their bars start going red because we haven't spoken in a few weeks. But true friends will stay your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments, please let me know if you have a blog as well, I'd love to follow it!