Sunday, December 29, 2013

NYC HD Color Trio Review

I was given a box of NYC HD Color Trio eye shadow by Influenster to test and review. The box I received was #781, "Long Beach Sands." The colors in the box were beige for the highlighter, dark beige for all over lid, and a sandy brown for the crease. The shadow is soft and slightly shimmery. 


The palette is neutral and great for every day use. The shadow is silky in texture and comes with a narrow applicator, which is helpful in a bind, although I prefer using an actual make up brush. Using this eye shadow alone would never work on my greasy lids - the staying power is so so. Applying this on top of eye shadow primer worked quite a bit better, but it was still not the longest wearing eye shadow. The blending of this shadow with a professional make up brush was a bit difficult. 


The highlighter is shimmery and does the job wonderfully, but the "crease" color could stand to be darker - I prefer a more impactful color for my hooded eyes. But it's great for those who would use this as an every day wear-to-work type of makeup, it's natural looking and very neutral. Since it sells for $2.99 at pharmacies, this is a great deal. Perfect for a no-fuss eye shadow when you're on the run. But I don't think that it would become my "special occasion" or going out eye shadow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments, please let me know if you have a blog as well, I'd love to follow it!