Monday, April 14, 2014

Trying new hair and nail vitamin gummies!

I was sent a complimentary package of Nature's Bounty gummy hair and nail vitamins to try and review. So far, so good - my nails have been breaking a lot less and have gotten longer than usual. I will post before and after photos at the end of my trial period of 30 days.

Taste and texture: Perfect: they're delicious, gummy, strawberry flavored vitamins. I actually look forward to taking my vitamin for the day, wish I could take more than two, they're so good. Taking them feels more like an after meal treat than taking a boring supplement. 5 out of 5 stars.

Nutrition: Although I do have a preference for more natural versions of vitamin C than synthetic ascorbic acid (such as sodium ascorbate). The biotin is very likely GMO since it doesn't state otherwise. So the good thing about the makeup of these vitamins is that Nature's Bounty used coconut oil, gelatin, and natural flavoring in these gummies. I also appreciate the use of black carrot and grape juices for coloring instead of the nasty Red 40, this is a big step for a supplement manufacturer! The bad thing is GMO ingredients (corn syrup, modified food starch, and biotin).

Results: I do see the biotin making a difference in my nails. I can normally only grow my nails to a particular length and then have them break, as they get pretty brittle. Since I started taking these gummies 3 weeks ago, my nails have not broken even once, which is unusual for me. They also look shinier and feel stronger. My hair has been behaving as well, but I had really healthy hair before the vitamins, so it's hard to tell whether there is a difference or not. I believe my skin has been looking less tired and wrinkled, so the antioxidants in the gummies may be helping.

Packaging: these gummies come in a big bottle that has a transparent spot at the bottom, allowing you to see how much you've got left. The lid could have been better, it could have a dispense top for easy dispensation of the gummies. I give this 4 out of 5 stars.

Try Nature's Bounty gummies yourself: http://smiley360.com/2924238.cfm


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments, please let me know if you have a blog as well, I'd love to follow it!